Personal training sessions are a great investment especially if you're just starting out and looking to get fitter, or you've been exercising for a while and you're looking to take things up a notch.
A good Personal Trainer will educate you and keep you safe, motivated and accountable as you work towards your goals.
Points to consider before you hire a Personal Trainer :
- Qualification : Ask your trainer when and where they gained their qualifications and what they currently do to stay on top of their education.
- Speciality and expertise : Whether you are looking to run a marathon? Build strength ? are you currently pregnant? Find a trainer who specialises in your goals.
- Appearance isn't everything : Don't choose a trainer based on their abs. Just because they look good doesn't mean they're going to be good at their job or are going to get you the same results.
- Personality is Key : While education and experience are important , there's really no point in choosing a knowledgeable trainer if your personalities clash. Make sure you get along with your personal trainer.
- Cost : Personal training is not cheap. But it's not meant to be cheap. Its a premium service. A good trainer will spend time and money continuing their further education in order to stay on top of their game. Be careful of "cheaper" options because a good trainer is priceless
- Health and Fitness philosophy : What's their outlook on health and fitness ? How do they like to work with clients ?
- Client's motives / your motive to hire a personal trainer: Why are you looking to hire a personal trainer?
The best trainer in the world won't get you results unless you are 100% ready and committed to work.